Monday, January 29, 2007

aMAZEd

Last night I stayed till 3 am trying to find out the resolution of Jeff Noon's Nymphomation. This book was highly suspense as well as two other Noon's books that I have read in the past. Both Vurt and Pollen were thrilling. I could not stop reading them because they were so confusing that I had to find out what this whole thing meant.

Noon is a master of creating new worlds and communicating them to his readers. He talks about things that are extremely difficult to comrehend, yet they seem very realistic. He involves the readers in alternative science, the knowledge of the future. It is really difficult to follow his chain of his thought, but that what makes his books page-turners.

Nymphomation is the new stage of human evolution, it is mathematics of love. Nymphomation is the basis for vurt and polonation. It is the first step towards the age of alternative realities and virtual worlds. Very confusing (read fascinating).

I was really impressed. I still feel that I did not understand a thing about Noon's world, but that is exactly what I am looking for in books. I hope that Noon's anti-Utopias will never become true, yet it would be very ingriguing to finally understand the mazes of his worlds.

No comments: