Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Workaholism

Starting today I am commencing a new life – no more job-related activity when I am home. Since my first day at this job I was working my ass off trying to implement all the “great” ideas and strategies I had on my mind. The position I took over in the company is new-found, so I have to develop things out from scratch. Preparation takes so much more time than actual work, and I was so anxious to start doing something fun, that I have spent hours of my free time working on various preps.

Now, when my job is rock-n-rolling me, I feel that I can not go any longer being so tired. I have realized that this is not leading anywhere good. Sure enough I am far ahead of what have been expected from me, yet this does not add any zeros to my paycheck. My work has obtained some shapes, and I am doing something substantial now, which means I do not really need to be spending too much of my free time. Instead I should be taking days off from the office, and working from home. You got my vow!

No comments: